Monday, November 8, 2010

Me = Grandma, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Partner, Friend






Deborah Mary Rutherford
If there's one thing I've always known, that is, that I would be a Mother.  I always assumed that I would meet my prince charming, live in my little house with a white picket fence and have my 4 to 6 children and live happily ever after. 

Motherhood has been my greatest blessing.  Sure there have been ups and downs, but there has never been a doubt in my mind since that first little soul was entrusted to my care that I would give my life for each one of these precious spirits who have enriched and blessed my life more than I could ever express.

I have been blessed with 4 unique and special children and now the most precious granddaughter.  Each has his/her own very strong and bright mind.  Each has been blessed with physical beauty. Each has been blessed with rock solid will and commitment to what is good and right in this world. They all have a social conscience and commitment to loving and protecting the rights of all.  I am so proud of each one of these amazing human beings.

I'm also a daughter, a sister and a friend to the most amazing women ever born.  I have been so blessed with a strong, principled Mother who, regardless of her personal feelings (which are sometimes too strong to handle) is always here for us.... she is the "Rock" in our lives and for that I will always be so humbly grateful.  A sister who is the most wonderful mother and wife and who perseveres to better herself constantly.... Friends who have seen me through the most torrid times and have never judged... they've just stood by me and stood up for me regardless of their personal views.... I salute you all for being the examples of women of true worth and substance... you all inspire me

No comments: